BreakingBad.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Walter Hartwell White

+4
Lparsons7981
Captain Cook
Heisenberg
Rob
8 posters

Go down

Walter Hartwell White Empty Walter Hartwell White

Post by Rob Wed May 06, 2009 12:09 am

Walter Hartwell White Cranston_Bio_517x307-1

Portrayed by: Bryan Cranston

Job: Chemistry Teacher

Known aliases:: Heisenberg

Walter White is a 50-year-old high-school chemistry teacher who has been diagnosed with terminal lung cancer. The diagnosis causes a change in Walter's mild-mannered nature. He decides that in order to provide for his family after his death, he will use his extensive knowledge of chemistry to manufacture and distribute crystal methamphetamine. He has a wife named Skyler and a son named Walter, Jr both of whom know nothing about his drug dealing. Walter teamed up with a former student of his, named Jesse, and became a drug dealer under the alias Heisenburg. Walt had to kill two of the two leading drug dealers, Krazy-8 and Tuco, to save his and his families lives. Heisenburg soon became one of the biggest drug dealers in the town. Walt recentley found out his cancer had gone into remission and his tumor had shrunk by eighty percent. Rather than being happy, Walt seemed angry and upset over the news.. Walt decides to now get out of the business and slowly sell the meth they have left, but the flashfowards at the start of the season showing a crime scene out Walt's house suggest things wont go as smoothly as planned.
Rob
Rob
Admin

Matter : 28701
Street Cred : 2412

http://breakingbad.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Walter Hartwell White Empty Re: Walter Hartwell White

Post by Heisenberg Sat May 09, 2009 9:35 pm

Everytime he becomes Heisenberg (the hat is boss), I cheer. Walter White rules.
Heisenberg
Heisenberg

Matter : 17551
Street Cred : 1403

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Cook Sun May 10, 2009 4:06 am

Walts good but we can all agree he has developed into an unlikable ass hole, he is still a great character and yes you do feel for him but the way he treats Jesse jeez...i like Jesse thats why i find Walt a dick sometimes!
Captain Cook
Captain Cook

Matter : 12940
Street Cred : 803

http://www.myspace.com/douglasjohnfender

Back to top Go down

Post by Lparsons7981 Sun May 10, 2009 9:12 am

Exactly, sometimes he is really hard to like..........but we cheer for him regardless due to the way he was at the start. That is what makes the show great (one of the things anyway) Bryan Cranston and his amazing performances week after week don't hurt either.....
Lparsons7981
Lparsons7981

Matter : 22177
Street Cred : 2003

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#/profile.php?id=45405342

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Cook Sun May 10, 2009 9:14 am

Well looks like mr white is in the shit now though...
Captain Cook
Captain Cook

Back to top Go down

Post by Heisenberg Sun May 10, 2009 11:03 am

By my reckoning, Walt has ALWAYS been an asshole; he's just been a repressed asshole - a milquetoast who, when facing certain death, was allowed to free himself of his timid shackles and embrace the man he really was. That he began cooking meth and delving into that side of life only helped to showcase who he really is. The guy is a notch away from becoming a true blue sociopath. His character is fascinating.
Heisenberg
Heisenberg

Back to top Go down

Post by Lparsons7981 Sun May 10, 2009 12:09 pm

I'm not sure whether he has always been an asshole, I guess you could see it that way, I see it more that he had an "inner asshole" grow every day of his life due to the anger he has to swallow up every single day. At first he struck me as more depressed and quite then anything.

One of my friends says I am kind of like Walt.......I sure hope not Very Happy I think she meant it in a good way though......
Lparsons7981
Lparsons7981

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Cook Sun May 10, 2009 12:10 pm

i am like walt, not too smart tho and i dont want to deal drugs...but if i was told i was gonna die in a few days i would snap and be a true angry dickhead
Captain Cook
Captain Cook

Back to top Go down

Post by easilyjaded Sun May 10, 2009 5:25 pm

It's funny, I root for him when he's being sweet, and I also root for him when he's being an asshole. His character is just so awesome and Bryan Cranston is just so amazing that I love both extremes of his personality. I wonder if he'll go to the top of the drug organization and be this Tony Montana type personality.
easilyjaded
easilyjaded

Matter : 12880
Street Cred : 500

Back to top Go down

Post by Lithium Sun May 10, 2009 9:06 pm

Heisenberg wrote:By my reckoning, Walt has ALWAYS been an asshole; he's just been a repressed asshole - a milquetoast who, when facing certain death, was allowed to free himself of his timid shackles and embrace the man he really was. That he began cooking meth and delving into that side of life only helped to showcase who he really is. The guy is a notch away from becoming a true blue sociopath. His character is fascinating.

I dont think so. I think life has been chipping away at him for a long time. He gets screwed time and time again and hes just sick of it.

Then again, the past episode shows that even though his cancer has gone into remission, and he has the money, hes still acting the way he was before. So maybe your right. He likes the way he is now and hes not gonna go back...
Lithium
Lithium

Matter : 11270
Street Cred : 300

Back to top Go down

Post by Lparsons7981 Sun May 10, 2009 9:10 pm

Lithium wrote:
Heisenberg wrote:By my reckoning, Walt has ALWAYS been an asshole; he's just been a repressed asshole - a milquetoast who, when facing certain death, was allowed to free himself of his timid shackles and embrace the man he really was. That he began cooking meth and delving into that side of life only helped to showcase who he really is. The guy is a notch away from becoming a true blue sociopath. His character is fascinating.

I dont think so. I think life has been chipping away at him for a long time. He gets screwed time and time again and hes just sick of it.

Then again, the past episode shows that even though his cancer has gone into remission, and he has the money, hes still acting the way he was before. So maybe your right. He likes the way he is now and hes not gonna go back...

Well said, he clearly is finding something in the way he is acting continuing it DESPITE the good news. I'm guessing it's now he finally feels some sort of power/control over his life and those around him, and he is relishing it. Compare his standing up to Hank in this episode, to the pilot (similar situations, party etc) A complete 180. He probably also realizes, as Skyler said-it's really just postponing the inevitable, he might think nothing has really changed.
Lparsons7981
Lparsons7981

Back to top Go down

Post by Heisenberg Mon May 11, 2009 11:40 am

That's what I mean; he's always been this semi-ruthless, borderline-sociopath who just lead a life of quiet resentment and calm, until his cancer literally set him free. He was allowed to be, or at least become, who he truly is. His remission reminded him that he would be going back to wearing that mask again, and we're seeing definite, clear-cut signs that he no longer wants to wear that mask. Walt is about to literally become Heisenberg.

And yes, Bryan Cranston plays the part wonderfully. Easily one of the most fascinating characters on TV since Vic Mackey.
Heisenberg
Heisenberg

Back to top Go down

Post by turtle Tue May 12, 2009 2:44 pm

I love this dark twisting grey area...
Kind of like my life...im a gemini...so I go either way...and equally enjoy it as well
turtle
turtle

Matter : 11219
Street Cred : 100

Back to top Go down

Post by Shawn Tue May 12, 2009 3:24 pm

Captain Cook wrote:i am like walt, not too smart tho and i dont want to deal drugs...but if i was told i was gonna die in a few days i would snap and be a true angry dickhead

when walt found out he had longer to live he really snapped not only in the end of that episode but during the party with hank and even at the end of the episode
Shawn
Shawn

Matter : 30248
Street Cred : 3708

Back to top Go down

Post by Lparsons7981 Wed May 13, 2009 2:06 pm

I really don't think Walt was a bad guy before he got his diagnosis, he was obviously severely depressed, withdrawn, and may of had some unhealthy anger management issues (bottling it up), but I don't think he was a jerk. I think that came out as he lost his moral compass when he was declared terminal, so he stopped caring about the repercussions of his actions, and found he liked the adrenaline rush/power rush from doing such things.

I see a lot of myself of his early character, quiet, a doormat, nerdy, rather depressed, which is mainly why I found the show so compelling early on.
Lparsons7981
Lparsons7981

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down