2x11 #18 "Mandala" May 17 2009

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: 2x11 #18 "Mandala" May 17 2009

Post by MoFo_Blazed on Mon May 18, 2009 4:49 pm

dannybva wrote:Did she mix the meth with heroin?
I don't think it was heroin, just a cotton ball. Could be wrong, anyone wanna clarify?

I agree Jesse is going way down hill. He has no excuse to not show up a Combo funeral, even Badger showed up. I think he depressed now that he knows he not the Blowfish anymore, since the Skank copped to it. In a way it's Jane's fault that he on the needle now, but that doesn't excuse himself from being a fuck up to a full blown addict.

If the deal did go through, Walt shouldn't keep the money for himself, even how tempt he may feel. But if it weren't for Jesse he wouldn't be in the game, therefore he would've never have made the money.

I hope next week episode is better, this episode sucked imo.
MoFo_Blazed

Matter : 8179
Street Cred : 802

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shawn on Mon May 18, 2009 4:59 pm

MoFo_Blazed wrote:
dannybva wrote:Did she mix the meth with heroin?
I don't think it was heroin, just a cotton ball. Could be wrong, anyone wanna clarify?

I agree Jesse is going way down hill. He has no excuse to not show up a Combo funeral, even Badger showed up. I think he depressed now that he knows he not the Blowfish anymore, since the Skank copped to it. In a way it's Jane's fault that he on the needle now, but that doesn't excuse himself from being a fuck up to a full blown addict.

If the deal did go through, Walt shouldn't keep the money for himself, even how tempt he may feel. But if it weren't for Jesse he wouldn't be in the game, therefore he would've never have made the money.

I hope next week episode is better, this episode sucked imo.
i already know whats hapening next episode basically if you watched the preview of next weeks episode right after the show was finished and then you go to amc preview of episode 12 it totaly connects and after i saw that i wanted jane dead haha
Shawn

Matter : 25492
Street Cred : 3708

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Heisenberg on Mon May 18, 2009 6:08 pm

Let's say Jesse survives the season and Jane doesn't; where they take season 3 is ANYONE's guess.
Heisenberg

Matter : 12795
Street Cred : 1403

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shawn on Mon May 18, 2009 7:42 pm

Heisenberg wrote:Let's say Jesse survives the season and Jane doesn't; where they take season 3 is ANYONE's guess.

read the spoiler for episode 13 wonder what is gonna happen with him oh well we will see
Shawn

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by rkex on Mon May 18, 2009 11:39 pm

Fellow BB Heads-

Wow, an intense episode. I lay awake last night thinking about it, and have obsessed all day.

For those asking what Jesse and Jane were shooting, it was a speedball, heroin and meth mixed. Jane says, as she's fixing up a spoon, that she likes to add "ice".

I don't agree with several of the reviews I've read that the levitating Jesse scene was hokie. I think it really worked, especially with the Platters' "Enchanted" playing in the background. Aaron Paul's expressions were fascinating. I haven't ever shot heroin(though I've snorted it), but I think they captured the love of that first high.

It feels odd to be so smitten by a show so dark, so far down the rabbit hole that there can be no happy ending. But I do believe BB is among the best television shows ever created.

I've yet to listen to Vince Gilligan's podcast for the week. I'll check back in for more discussion later.

Ray
rkex

Matter : 10762
Street Cred : 2100

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Heisenberg on Mon May 18, 2009 11:48 pm

I was about to go into detail about the speedball; rkex beat me to it.

That was an amusing, yet surprisingly depressing scene, as it showcased just how much Jesse is spiraling out of control.

And Walt is seriously becoming a true drug dealer. The way he stormed into Jesse's pad and desperately tried to wake him from his drug-induced haze was almost scary.
Heisenberg

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Heisenberg on Mon May 18, 2009 11:50 pm

rkex wrote:It feels odd to be so smitten by a show so dark, so far down the rabbit hole that there can be no happy ending. But I do believe BB is among the best television shows ever created.

It truly is. It is a fantastic drama that balances a dark aura, an almost-epic scope on the meth world, and gallow's humor, all very effectively.

I've said it before: good drama is hard to come by, and Breaking Bad is at the top of the heap.
Heisenberg

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by rkex on Tue May 19, 2009 12:14 am

That was an amusing, yet surprisingly depressing scene, as it showcased just how much Jesse is spiraling out of control.

I suppose it was amusing in a way, given the ecstatic look on Jesse's face as he ascended into heroin addiction, but Krysten Ritter's adept preparation was frighteningly real, and frightening in its prospects for the two. I feel almost certain that Jane is destined for a body bag and, given the knowledge that Jesse was to be killed off in Season 1, wonder if Gilligan et al would have the balls to eliminate him now.

Some bad juju is coming in the next two weeks!

Ray
rkex

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by easilyjaded on Tue May 19, 2009 12:35 am

rkex wrote:... given the knowledge that Jesse was to be killed off in Season 1, wonder if Gilligan et al would have the balls to eliminate him now.

I hope not! Though if they do it, I hope they do it well. I just can't see season 3 without Jesse, though. Walt is a fascinating character, but in my opinion, Jesse is needed right there with him to make the show. Everyone on AMC's forum and IMDB are rooting for Jesse to be killed--but I think the writers will throw another twist in the season finale. Surely they can't kill off their 2nd most important player in the series?

But with the writers originally planning to kill him off in the first season, I do see it as a possibility now. But I don't know how much of a dip in quality the show would take afterwards, considering (to me at least) none of the other characters besides Walt are nearly as interesting to watch as he is. Would we just watch Walt struggle to survive in the drug business alone or with Gus? Where would the outlet for comedy be? I just don't think I'd be as interested watching Walt hack at it alone (or with a stone-cold business man like Gus).
easilyjaded

Matter : 8124
Street Cred : 500

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by rkex on Tue May 19, 2009 12:51 am

I hope not! Though if they do it, I hope they do it well. I just can't see season 3 without Jesse, though.

I have to agree with you. Gilligan et al may not have known that Jesse would become such a central character, but now his story is one of the two story arcs that the show is built around.

So I'm betting that he lives for the remainder, however long that might be.
rkex

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lparsons7981 on Tue May 19, 2009 7:30 am

Jesse won't get killed, way to important. I can see while the first season was going on they might have thought they could kill him because it was Walt's story, it has sense become Walt's and Jesse's story.

I guess this episode affected me, I had a dream where for some reason Jesse was hanging around my house with me..............and then we had to hightail it down the highway in the Monte Carlo when some unsavory elements showed up after him. Very Happy

Guess it shows whats on my mind........

A few things i've thought about that are bothering me about the show right now.

1. What happened to Tuco's connections? Are any of the Cartel's going to be brought up/a problem again? I'd like to see that

2. I'm not sure how I feel about the cancer being almost "delayed" or put on the back burner. Sure it's still there, and for the show to continue this has to happen, but one of the huge elements of the show up till now has been the ever present, dark brooding presence of the cancer and what it means. It was the one constant element in the show, and something that couldn't be avoided no matter what Walt did. It needs to stay. The first few episodes, only Walt knew. then everyone knew, now it isn't really a major factor at the moment.

3. I hope the show doesn't go into a formula of meet new dealer=worse then last one=trouble and danger ensues. I don't think it will though, just a concern of mine.
Lparsons7981

Matter : 17421
Street Cred : 2003

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/profile.php?id=45405342

Back to top Go down

Post by Ellis D. Tripp on Tue May 19, 2009 8:15 am

----
Ellis D. Tripp

Matter : 7373
Street Cred : 300

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ellis D. Tripp on Tue May 19, 2009 10:33 am

What happened to the post above?

Most of MY post disappeared, replaced by a quote from my post and some comments by someone else. Under my name....
Ellis D. Tripp

Matter : 7373
Street Cred : 300

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rob on Tue May 19, 2009 1:04 pm

Ellis D. Tripp wrote:What happened to the post above?

Most of MY post disappeared, replaced by a quote from my post and some comments by someone else. Under my name....

silent I dont know what happened sorry, the admin panels going weird and my posts were replacing other peoples...
Rob
Admin

Matter : 23945
Street Cred : 2412

View user profile http://breakingbad.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by dannybva on Tue May 19, 2009 6:59 pm

Lparsons7981 wrote:Jesse won't get killed, way to important. I can see while the first season was going on they might have thought they could kill him because it was Walt's story, it has sense become Walt's and Jesse's story.

I guess this episode affected me, I had a dream where for some reason Jesse was hanging around my house with me..............and then we had to hightail it down the highway in the Monte Carlo when some unsavory elements showed up after him. Very Happy

1. What happened to Tuco's connections? Are any of the Cartel's going to be brought up/a problem again? I'd like to see that

2. I'm not sure how I feel about the cancer being almost "delayed" or put on the back burner. Sure it's still there, and for the show to continue this has to happen, but one of the huge elements of the show up till now has been the ever present, dark brooding presence of the cancer and what it means. It was the one constant element in the show, and something that couldn't be avoided no matter what Walt did. It needs to stay. The first few episodes, only Walt knew. then everyone knew, now it isn't really a major factor at the moment.

3. I hope the show doesn't go into a formula of meet new dealer=worse then last one=trouble and danger ensues. I don't think it will though, just a concern of mine.

I don't think Jesse will die, not just yet anyway, but I do think he will have a close call with an OD. As far as Tuco/The Cartel I see that as a main theme in next season.
dannybva

Matter : 17614
Street Cred : 1701

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shawn on Tue May 19, 2009 11:57 pm

dannybva wrote:
Lparsons7981 wrote:Jesse won't get killed, way to important. I can see while the first season was going on they might have thought they could kill him because it was Walt's story, it has sense become Walt's and Jesse's story.

I don't think Jesse will die, not just yet anyway, but I do think he will have a close call with an OD. As far as Tuco/The Cartel I see that as a main theme in next season.

same i really beleave the cartel will be a big part of season 3 i also beleave that walt is in to far and he wont stop and he will just want to cook more because he honestly likes being Heisenberg theres guilt in it but also pleasure for him when hes not walt

anyway as far as the cartel goes i dont beleave we will see any of them till the end of season 2 or begining of season 3

also quick question when combo died were those guys with the cartel or no im guessing he was on the cartel turf maby im wrong
Shawn

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lparsons7981 on Wed May 20, 2009 7:27 am

Shawn wrote:
dannybva wrote:

same i really beleave the cartel will be a big part of season 3 i also beleave that walt is in to far and he wont stop and he will just want to cook more because he honestly likes being Heisenberg theres guilt in it but also pleasure for him when hes not walt

anyway as far as the cartel goes i dont beleave we will see any of them till the end of season 2 or begining of season 3

also quick question when combo died were those guys with the cartel or no im guessing he was on the cartel turf maby im wrong

Maybe not Cartel turf, but definetly some that was already claimed by someone else, either more "small timers" or maybe Cartel, as I think outside of the Cartels there isn't a whole lot of organized crime groups in ABQ (I.E Yakuza, Mafia, Irish Mob, Russian etc)
Lparsons7981

Back to top Go down

Post by dannybva on Wed May 20, 2009 5:52 pm

I think the guys watching Combo and most likely put the kid up to killing him, are just a couple small timers. Possibly connected to the guys at Home Depot.
dannybva

Matter : 17614
Street Cred : 1701

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shawn on Wed May 20, 2009 10:07 pm

dannybva wrote:I think the guys watching Combo and most likely put the kid up to killing him, are just a couple small timers. Possibly connected to the guys at Home Depot.

dont think the guys at the home depot would be connected they didnt seem to have much knowledge on what to buy for it or keeping suspicions anyway we will see in a few more days
Shawn

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lparsons7981 on Thu May 21, 2009 7:42 am

I think those Home Depot guys were a one scene deal, but with this show you'll never know..........
Lparsons7981

Back to top Go down

Post by Shawn on Thu May 21, 2009 2:04 pm

Lparsons7981 wrote:I think those Home Depot guys were a one scene deal, but with this show you'll never know..........

yea and i remember people sayin that it was kind of a clevar thing basically making them a fake jesse and fake Heisenberg and there cooking in a van it looked like
Shawn

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Heisenberg on Thu May 21, 2009 10:10 pm

The hardware store thugs, IMHO, were a one-time thing to further showcase the evolution of Walt into Heisenberg.
Heisenberg

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top