2x12 #19 Phoenix May 24 2009

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: 2x12 #19 Phoenix May 24 2009

Post by Rob on Wed May 27, 2009 9:38 am

So that also means the current date on the show is about half way through March 09.
Rob
Admin

Matter : 23945
Street Cred : 2412

View user profile http://breakingbad.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by rkex on Wed May 27, 2009 12:42 pm

I believe, as does the LA Times, that the final scene of "Phoenix" is Emmy gold. What are the odds that Brian Cranston could take Best Actor in a Drama two years in a row? It seems he deserves it even more this year than last, but is it likely that he'll be passed over because he's won before?

There are a number of great reviews of "Phoenix" out: LA Times, Tim Goodman's "Spoiled Bastard", "House Next Door", "What's Alan Watching", and AV Club. I can't imagine any other current shows getting the acclaim that BB is receiving, and I do think the Emmies will be kind to the show.

Ray
rkex

Matter : 10762
Street Cred : 2100

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dannybva on Wed May 27, 2009 4:59 pm

Shawn wrote:i forgot to add on this episode when donald and walt were talking i really thought both of them would head to the house and when walt was going up donald would be walking up there to at the same time kinda scared me a lil on that but it didnt happen

I Donald and Walt will cross paths again and he'll figure out Jesse is Walt's "nephew."
dannybva

Matter : 17614
Street Cred : 1701

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by rkex on Wed May 27, 2009 5:08 pm

I Donald and Walt will cross paths again and he'll figure out Jesse is Walt's "nephew."

I think you're right. I won't post my hypothesis here, but if you're not a spoiler-free type, check my post in the "Spoilers" thread. I think this plays on hints from "Phoenix" about what Donald does for a living, as well as some other telling clues.

Ray
rkex

Matter : 10762
Street Cred : 2100

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dannybva on Wed May 27, 2009 5:08 pm

rkex wrote:I believe, as does the LA Times, that the final scene of "Phoenix" is Emmy gold. What are the odds that Brian Cranston could take Best Actor in a Drama two years in a row? It seems he deserves it even more this year than last, but is it likely that he'll be passed over because he's won before?

There are a number of great reviews of "Phoenix" out: LA Times, Tim Goodman's "Spoiled Bastard", "House Next Door", "What's Alan Watching", and AV Club. I can't imagine any other current shows getting the acclaim that BB is receiving, and I do think the Emmies will be kind to the show.

Ray
While I'm glad it is getting good reviews, personally I don't trust professional critics (though primarily my ire is directed at movie critics.) I just don't trust them I think the majority of them sell their opinion, help their friends no matter what, bash the people they don't like no matter, and then there's the one's who think they are so much smarter than everyone else.
dannybva

Matter : 17614
Street Cred : 1701

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shawn on Wed May 27, 2009 5:58 pm

dannybva wrote:
rkex wrote:I believe, as does the LA Times, that the final scene of "Phoenix" is Emmy gold. What are the odds that Brian Cranston could take Best Actor in a Drama two years in a row? It seems he deserves it even more this year than last, but is it likely that he'll be passed over because he's won before?

Ray
While I'm glad it is getting good reviews, personally I don't trust professional critics (though primarily my ire is directed at movie critics.) I just don't trust them I think the majority of them sell their opinion, help their friends no matter what, bash the people they don't like no matter, and then there's the one's who think they are so much smarter than everyone else.
good news that it is getting good reviews i really hop Cranston takes home the emmy again.. 2 years in a row.. would be amazing
Shawn

Matter : 25492
Street Cred : 3708

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lparsons7981 on Thu May 28, 2009 8:47 pm

I believe the Phoenix rover landed in May of 2008. So The show seems to be over a few (2-3?) month period starting in late winter/early spring (the pilot certainly looks like winter)

And yes, 2 Emmys in a row would be astounding. Hopefully Aaron Paul gets nominated too, I'd really like to see that, maybe more then seeing Cranston win 2 in a row.
Lparsons7981

Matter : 17421
Street Cred : 2003

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/profile.php?id=45405342

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top