BreakingBad.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The cast talk Season 3

3 posters

Go down

The cast talk Season 3 Empty The cast talk Season 3

Post by Lparsons7981 Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:54 pm

http://tv.ign.com/articles/106/1061624p1.html

The site also includes a lot of GREAT publicity photos for season 3

The cast talk Season 3 Breaking-bad-20100116023408437

January 16, 2010 - One of TV's best shows, Breaking Bad returns in March for a long-awaited third season, and creator Vince Gilligan and cast members Bryan Cranston ("Walter White"), Aaron Paul ("Jesse Pinkman"), Anna Gunn ("Skylar White") and Bob Odenkirk ("Saul Goodman") discussed the new season at the TCA press tour today.

Cranston, who has won back-to-back Emmys for his amazing work on the series, noted that the cast is not told ahead of time what's to come, saying, "We're reading it and it has the same impact and as much surprise as you have," adding, "It's never boring and always a surprise."

Cranston said that in Season 3, "I'm starting to completely accept the metamorphosis of my character and coming out of the cocoon and ready to become a different person. That transition over time was one of the most compelling things to me." Cranston said that he always recalled Gilligan telling him Breaking Bad was a show that would follow a man's journey from, "Mr. Chips into Scarface."

As for Walt and Jesse's relationship, Gilligan remarked, "I see Walt this season a little bit like Dr. Frankenstein. Dr. Frankenstein, with good intentions, creates a monster. Maybe we'll see a little bit of that with Jesse."

That being said, Gilligan noted that, "In the world of meth, Jessie is the moral center of the show. He's the innocent. He's the person who is untainted by this business. He has a moral center that is more properly based and profound than even Walt has."

As we watch Walt go to darker and darker places, Cranston said his job was to not help the audience condone what he's doing, "But to say, 'I know that man. I feel what he's doing is real. I feel if I have that honesty, we can do many different things. The actor added that this is "the first time [Walt]'s been able to intimidate. He feels powerful." But Cranston added that what happened with Skylar at the end of Season 2, "brought him to his knees. He has to fight his way back up."

Aaron Paul said he felt, "This season is really a season of change for all the characters in the show. " On the heels of losing his girlfriend, Jane, last season, Paul noted, "Jesse feels completely 100% guilty. Maybe it was just a chemical romance, but he lost her and he completely blames himself. This season begins with him trying to make an executive decision on trying to stay focused. He kind of accepts who he is."

While Walt's medical condition seemed to be improving by the end of Season 2, Gilligan promised, "We haven't forgotten the impetus that got Walt going on his journey into being a criminal. Cancer is in a lot of ways the villain of the piece." He noted that cancer can be very different for people, as far as remission (or lack thereof) goes, but added, "We're going to keep it real, let's put it that way. We have not forgotten that he has cancer."

As for Odenkirk, Gilligan revealed, "Saul was not intended originally to be as big a character as he's become. All credit goes to Bob Odenkirk who is so damn funny." Gilligan said he was influenced by The Godfather, with his idea being to introduce "a low rent consigliere."

Odenkirk said Saul, "is a fun guy to play." He noted that Breaking Bad was, "A show where so many of the characters have such high stakes, all the time. My character is a little bit removed. It's all a game to him, so he gets to be funnier and lighter."

Gunn described Skylar as, "an every woman character," who has been faced, "a husband who is not only dying of cancer, but begins behaving in a strange manner.' Gunn promised that in Season 3, "The road [Skylar] starts to go down is fascinating."

Breaking Bad: Season 3 premieres Sunday, March 21st on AMC.
The cast talk Season 3 Breaking-bad-20100116023430499
Lparsons7981
Lparsons7981

Matter : 22177
Street Cred : 2003

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#/profile.php?id=45405342

Back to top Go down

The cast talk Season 3 Empty Re: The cast talk Season 3

Post by Shawn Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:17 pm

Saw this earlier today

woo im excited

oh yeah i love how the better call saul billboard is right behind them
Shawn
Shawn

Matter : 30248
Street Cred : 3708

Back to top Go down

Post by Lparsons7981 Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:38 am

Shawn wrote:Saw this earlier today

woo im excited

oh yeah i love how the better call saul billboard is right behind them

Sharp eye! Didn't notice that bit.

I too am very excited for both season 3, and the season 2 DVD (with swears intact Very Happy)

How has your summer/fall/winter been?
Lparsons7981
Lparsons7981

Back to top Go down

Post by Shawn Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:03 pm

'
Sharp eye! Didn't notice that bit.

I too am very excited for both season 3, and the season 2 DVD (with swears intact Very Happy)

How has your summer/fall/winter been?
Yeah i really am excited for the season 2 dvd hate how you gotta wait a long year to get it though lol
also pretty glad they finally going to be releasing it on blu-ray, i do not own a blu-ray player but i have been thinking of buying one.

cheers
Shawn
Shawn

Back to top Go down

Post by Shawn Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:35 pm

The cast talk Season 3 4302524959_3ef331fc51

really cool image someone posted on the amc talk section

Man im excited!! ahh
Shawn
Shawn

Back to top Go down

Post by Lparsons7981 Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:38 pm

Shawn wrote:The cast talk Season 3 4302524959_3ef331fc51

Man im excited!! ahh

Awesome, thanks for posting that? Did they say where that was?
Lparsons7981
Lparsons7981

Back to top Go down

Post by Shawn Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:23 pm

Lparsons7981 wrote:
Shawn wrote:The cast talk Season 3 4302524959_3ef331fc51

Man im excited!! ahh

Awesome, thanks for posting that? Did they say where that was?

By George Spelvin on January 25, 2010 2:57 PM

I posted this in a different blog posting, only to realize that the posting was from a long time ago so that no one probably saw it so I'm trying again. On my way home from work tonight, I walked by Times Square in NY and saw this awesome billboard promoting season 3. I snapped a picture and uploaded it to Flickr:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/21239227@N02/4302524959/

The AMC marketing guys are truly amazing - the Obama one went up just a few weeks ago and I'm assuming Weatherproof will have to take theirs down soon.

Since the text of the billboard is blurry, it says:
YouGotNoProof
Getting Away with it Since 2008 (I think it's 2008 - that would make the most sense)

A Dealer in Style

thats the full post on the talk section on amc

The cast talk Season 3 BB-Billboard-1

posted on the amc site

better quality pic
Shawn
Shawn

Back to top Go down

Post by trueblu8 Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:49 pm

Oh shit that's TIGHT. Walt looks badass. I wonder where in season 3 that will be.
trueblu8
trueblu8

Matter : 16354
Street Cred : 800

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down